John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Madeline’s research involves the application of systems engineering to the design and control of automated insulin delivery systems to improve glycemic control in type 1 diabetes mellitus patients. Madeline’s research interests also include the design and control of smart home energy management systems using optimization and machine learning models.
- Madeline also works with several organizations and national initiatives designed to raise awareness among young Latinas and their families about opportunities and careers in technology such as Technolochicas. She collaborates with the National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) and Televisa Foundation.
- Ph.D., Systems Engineering, George Washington University, Washington, DC, May 2018
- M. Eng., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Howard University, May 2012
- B.S., Electronics Engineering, Industrial University of Santander, Colombia, Sept. 2007
- Email: mcabrera (at) g (dot) harvard (dot) edu